Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 2 of Tech class

Well today has been another really crazy class.

Google can do so many useful things that most people don't even know about. There could be an entire semester class dedicated on how to use all the tools on Google. I never knew that GoogleLabs existed, but it is really helpful when searching for news and images. My favorite little tidbit about Google is how typing CTRL + F will bring up a little search bar on the bottom of the page where you can search for specific words. So useful!

Delicious was the next tool we signed up for and I like that idea a lot. Bookmarking all of my pages saves time and memory space as well. And now I can find my pages from any computer too!

I'm not sold on twitter yet. I suppose I understand the professional benefits to networking with others in your field of expertise. However, I'll have to feel it out a little more before I decide if I like it or not.

I really like wikispaces as a tool for teaching and also for learning. Although the site may not be the prettiest of websites, it is very functional and easy to use. I would like to spend some time looking around at other people's wikis and see what types there are out there.

I'm learning a lot in this class, but my brain needs a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment