Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 3

Friday our class was full of information!!

I really likes Big Huge Labs as a tool. Making an inspirational poster was not only fun, but it could be very useful in the classroom. I look forward to trying out some of the other things that Big Huge Labs offers.

I had a hard time making my ALA Read Poster. My photos became blurry, my aviary.com kept freezing up when I tried to upload, and I had trouble getting it into my wikispace....After a while I gave up and kept the blurry one. I can definitely see the usefulness of this tool, but I can probably achieve the same effects in the classroom with the tools from Big Huge Labs.

In the afternoon we learned how to use some presentation tools, which was really fun. Our tool was PhotoPeach, and it was really easy to use! Not overly sophisticated, but we were able to import pictures, move them around, add background music, and add text on whatever slides we wanted to. At the end we had a nice little slideshow that only took an hour or less to make.

The last thing we did was use Webspiration as a tool to help us take notes on other people's presentation tools. It is a very helpful and easy tool to use. I would definitely use it again to help with note taking or other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment